As the Covid-19 situation continues to evolve, we are following official guidance from the Public Health Agency of Canada and Ottawa Public Health in order to support the health and wellbeing of our patients, staff and community.
Here’s what we are doing to maintain a safe environment in our clinic:
- Mandatory face masks for staff and patients while indoors
- Staff and patients fill out a mandatory Covid-19 Screening Questionnaire before their shift or appointment
- Staff and patients are temperature screened upon entering the clinic
- Staff and patients sanitize or wash their hands upon entering the clinic and frequently throughout the day
- Staff have increased their personal protective equipment, including face masks, face shields, gloves etc.
- We’ve added additional time between patients to change linens and disinfect treatment rooms
- We’ve increased cleaning procedures
- We’ve limited practitioners schedules to ensure physical distancing can be maintained
- We’ve asked patients to come at their precise appointment time and to limit personal items to ensure physical distancing can be maintained
- We’ve added E-transfer as a payment option and increased tap limits to help patients avoid touching terminal keypads
- We’ve installed an acrylic screen around reception
- Informational signs are displayed in the washroom and around the clinic to remind staff and patients of proper hand-washing techniques and best practices to promote health and prevent the spread of infection
We’re also excited to introduce TelePhysio, secure, online video physiotherapy appointments available through our computer software Jane.
TelePhysio online appointments are PHIPA compliant and built exclusively within our computer system Jane and its secure infrastructure. It’s an innovative way for your physiotherapist to follow up with your rehabilitation and to provide support and exercise guidance without leaving your home.
We see a variety of patients, some with compromised immune systems, and we care about the health and safety of our community around us therefore we need your help to stay as prepared as possible.